With eight channels of Focusrite microphone preamplification, eight VCA-based Red 3-derived compressors and built-in 24-bit / 96kHz digital inputs and outputs, OctoPre MkII Dynamic is Focusrite’s feature-rich expansion upgrade for any digital audio workstation. It’s equally an ideal expansion for any analogue or digital console, or hard disk recorder.
Digital inputs and outputs let you make the most of often-neglected ADAT I/O; ideal for expanding the number of mic pre inputs on your interface or for providing analogue monitoring from any digital ADAT feed.
With this entire package fitting into a single 1U chassis complementing Focusrite’s Saffire PRO range, and all controls adjustable from the front fascia, OctoPre MkII Dynamic sets the standard for modern, compact, multi-channel recording expansions.
Eight award-winning Focusrite preamps
Focusrite's unparalleled preamp legacy forms the foundation of this new device, with preamps optimised to handle extreme levels from sound sources like acoustic drums.
Eight ‘single-dial’ Focusrite compressors
A single dial gets you to the right amount of compression, fast. These new VCA-based, feed-forward compressors model the character of the celebrated Focusrite Red 3.
Compress transparently or with effect
The classic soft-knee design achieves beautifully transparent compression that caresses your sound. Focusrite’s unique “More” switch doubles the ratio to deliver ‘compression with effect’.
Built-in eight-channel 24-bit / 96kHz digital outputs
Make the most of your interface's ADAT input for tracking, with eight channels of analogue to digital conversion via ADAT, boasting a ‘real world’ dynamic range performance of 110dB.
Built-in eight channel 24-bit / 96 kHz digital inputs
Switchable from the front panel, digital to analogue conversion via ADAT provides analogue monitoring of any digital ADAT feed, as well as the ability to clock from any ADAT device.
State-of-the-art clocking solutions
OctoPre MkII Dynamic's internal clock delivers a jitter performance of +/- 20 PPM. For external clocks, industry-standard JetPLL™ jitter elimination technology is employed
Two high-quality instrument inputs
OctoPre MkII Dynamic’s first two channels feature DI’s, ready for you to plug in your guitars and bass. No expensive external DI required.
- Input clip and Compression active LEDs on every channel
- 5 LED input metering on every channel
- Phantom power available on every channel (switched in two groups: 1-4 and 5-8)
- 24-bit resolution, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz sampling rates
- Internal clocking, master clocking and external clocking via BNC or ADAT
We always quote 'real world' performance figures (measured to the AES17 standard). Some companies choose to quote chipset performance, which is misleading, and here's why.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital): measured at ~60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Mic Gain: +10dB to + 55dB
- Phantom power switched in 4 channel groups on Mic. 1-4 and 5-8
- Maximum input level +16dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: <0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Line 1-8 Gain: -10dB to +36dB
- Maximum input level +26dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004% (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Instrument Gain: +10dB to +55dB
- Maximum input level +16dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.2dB.
- THD+N <0.0010% (-100dB) (measured with 0dBFS input 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, un-weighted)
- Nominal output level 0dBFS = 16dBu, balanced
- Threshold Range: -44dBFS (Max setting) to -4dBFS (Min setting)
- Compression Ratio Normal: 2:1, More: 4:1
- Auto Make Up Gain: 4dB (Min setting), 18dB (Max setting)
- Attack Time: 1.2ms, Release Time: 28ms (-3.5dB method)
- Compression Curve: Classic Focusrite Soft Knee
- THD+N (maximum at any compression threshold, input < +16dBu, gain at minimum): < 0.18%
- A/D Dynamic Range 110dB ‘A-weighted’ (all inputs)
- D/A Dynamic Range 110dB ‘A-weighted’ (all outputs)
- Clock Jitter < 250 pico seconds
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- Sample Rate Clock Accuracy: +/- 20PPM
- JetPLL technology providing superb jitter reduction for class leading converter performance
- Clock sources: Internal, Word Clock and ADAT (from ADAT1 input only)
Single unit unboxed net weight : 3.6 kg / 7.3 lbs
Single unit boxed net weight : 4.05 kg / 8.9 lbs
Unboxed: W = 484mm / 19”, H = 45mm / 1.8”, D = 265mm / 10.4”
Boxed: W= 595 mm / 23.5”, H= 120 mm / 4.75”, D= 340 mm / 13.4”
FRONT AND REAR CONNECTIVITY
Analogue Channel Inputs:
- 2x Mic / Line / Instrument inputs on the rear panel (Inputs 1 and 2). Switches automatically between Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS). Instrument selected via front panel buttons.
- 6x Mic / Line inputs on the rear panel. Switches automatically between Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS).
Analogue Channel Outputs:
- 8x Balanced 1/4" TRS Jack on the rear panel
- Switching to enable monitoring of A/D inputs or ADAT inputs with ADDA switch on front panel.
- 2x ADAT Lightpipe (TOSLINK) inputs. Provides 8 channels at 44.1 and 48kHz (please note that in this mode, only ADAT input 1 is active, allowing for a total of 8 ADAT input channels at 44.1 / 48kHz). Provide 4 channels per port (8 total) at 88.2 and 96kHz (S-MUX).
- 2x ADAT Lightpipe (TOSLINK) outputs. Provides 8 channels per port (16 total) at 44.1 and 48kHz (please note that in this mode, the digital outputs are mirrored, providing outputs 1 - 8 on both ports). Provide 4 channels per port (8 total) at 88.2 and 96kHz (S-MUX).
- Word-Clock in and out on rear panel BNC connectors
Front Panel Indicators:
- 8x Five segment input LED meters (-42, -18, -6, -3 and 0dBFS)
- 4x Sample Rate LED's (44.1k, 48k, 88.2k and 96k)
- 3x Sync Source LED's (Internal, Word Clock and ADAT)
- 'Lock' indicator LED
- ADDA Switch for analogue output source selection (A/D’s or ADAT inputs)
Please note that any listing that shows "Free Shipping" refers to USA shipping of items in the lower 48 states. Some items may have an up-charge for Alaska and Hawaii. Please check the actual shipping section for details about shipping cost to your location.
Foreign buyers please note: All duties and customs if there are any placed on your package upon import are the sole responsibility of you the buyer. We are not aware of each countries import laws and do not know the fees. Please investigate this prior to purchase.
Please note that any of our listings that aren't listed as "NEW" have the possibility of some signs of use. Although this is rare, and when it occurs, usually very minor, we want you to be aware of this possibility. If you should buy something from us and do happen to have any issues, please contact us so RSS can determine that whether it's the normal expected condition for open box items or damage that may have occurred during shipping.
Thanks and Happy Buying!!
Items must be returned within 14 days .
Refund will be given as Money back or exchange.
Refund policy details:
Buyer is responsible for shipping.
Destination: United States
Instructions to Buyer
|Check||Checks must clear before shipment is made.|
|VISA||For Visa payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|MASTERCARD||For Mastercard payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|DISCOVER||For Discover payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|AMEX||For American Express payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|Paypal||Please pay via PayPal.|