The Coles 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone is a British Broadcasting (BBC) design for broadcasting and recording applications. It is used where a clear smooth wide range frequency response, absence of transient distortion and relatively high sensitivity is essential.
The 4038 is a proven performer, and is in use around the world by broadcasting networks such as the BBC as well as top engineers and studios on hit recordings.
Frequency response of the 4038 is exceptionally flat from 30 to 20,000 Hz and throughout this range the shape of the bi-directional (figure of eight) polar response is maintained substantially constant both in the horizontal and vertical planes, giving a natural sonic quality with smooth frequency response.
- Pressure gradient transducer ribbon microphone
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
- All microphones factory tested in free field conditions
- Ribbon: Low mass damped ribbon to control transient response
- Polar Response: Bi-directional
- Magnetic Fields: By use of hum neutralizing wiring and magnetic shielding of the toroidal ribbon to line transformer 30 to 40 dB reduction is achieved in response to stray disturbing magnetic fields
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz
- Impedance: 300 ohm
- Sensitivity: -65 dB W.R.T. IV/Pa
- Distortion: Less than 1% at 125 dB SPL
- Connection: By means of 4069 3 pin jack plug. Pin 1 positive - Pin 2 negative - Pin 3 screen
- Body Housing: Made of heavy gauge perforated brass backed by finely woven Monel mesh. Rotating hinge connection allows microphone to tilt through 90° and turned in any direction when either suspended or free standing
- Dimensions: 7¼" (197 mm) x 3¼" (83 mm) x (61 mm).
- Weight: 2 lb. 6 oz. (1.08 Kg).
- Finish: Black stove enamel textured paint
- Each microphone comes in a foam lined rigid plastic carrying case with 4069 jack plug, and soft cloth protective bag, for safe keeping.
Please note that any listing that shows "Free Shipping" refers to USA shipping of items in the lower 48 states. Some items may have an up-charge for Alaska and Hawaii. Please check the actual shipping section for details about shipping cost to your location.
Foreign buyers please note: All duties and customs if there are any placed on your package upon import are the sole responsibility of you the buyer. We are not aware of each countries import laws and do not know the fees. Please investigate this prior to purchase.
Please note that any of our listings that aren't listed as "NEW" have the possibility of some signs of use. Although this is rare, and when it occurs, usually very minor, we want you to be aware of this possibility. If you should buy something from us and do happen to have any issues, please contact us so RSS can determine that whether it's the normal expected condition for open box items or damage that may have occurred during shipping.
Thanks and Happy Buying!!
Items must be returned within 14 days .
Refund will be given as Money back or exchange.
Refund policy details:
Buyer is responsible for shipping.
Destination: United States
Instructions to Buyer
|Check||Checks must clear before shipment is made.|
|VISA||For Visa payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|MASTERCARD||For Mastercard payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|DISCOVER||For Discover payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|
|AMEX||For American Express payments, please contact us at 785.820.7243|